Go back to home page
There are 5 generic headings for volunteering
- LEGAL AID HELP
- EMOTIONAL SUPPORT
- MARKETING & ADMINISTRATION
LEGAL AID HELP - this is a new functional area where volunteers help us to obtain the 'Evidence' required to qualify for Legal Aid in Private Law. This is a really good role for Law students as it will involve some client liaison but also working with solicitors to ensure that they have the right information about potential clients.
RESEARCH - another new functional area - we are recruiting individuals who have detailed or specialist knowledge of family law issues OR are prepared to undertake directed research tasks such as creating case studies, driving up responses to research surveys etc. You can read more about this on this website under the Research tab on our home page.
ADVICE Role description we're looking for professionals eg solicitors, barristers, advice workers etc for this area. We will also consider students studying in specialist areas eg law / social work / counselling etc
'BUDDY SCHEME' - Role description we need volunteers to keep in touch with those parents and grandparents who come to us for help to ensure that they remain engaged with us so we can help them. This is NOT a counselling role. It would suit someone who has an understanding of the issues of child contact difficulties but who can separate their own experience from those of the people we're trying to help.
- Fundraising - such as collections at supermarkets / putting collecting boxes into local convenience stores / organising sponsored walks, runs, swims, football matches etc
- Taking responsibility for paperwork and statistics at meetings
- Uploading information to our secure website
- Putting up posters / delivering flyers to promote our services
- Writing press releases and getting those into the media
- Fundraising - have you noticed we've put this twice!? That's because we have no volunteers at the moment who have this function as their primary volunteer committment - so this is YOUR chance to make a huge difference to the charity
We need volunteers to take responsibility for placing collection boxes in busy retail outlets AND emptying those boxes monthly to pay collections into the charity's account.
Click HERE for the agreement that you need to complete and sign to receive collection boxes from the charity
We have a secret Facebook group for volunteers where discussions about how we run meetings, new initiatives by the charity and other support needs are considered. When you sign up as a volunteer you should be invited to join that forum.
Any queries? Click here to contact us