There are 3 generic headings for volunteering
- EMOTIONAL SUPPORT
- MARKETING & ADMINISTRATION
ADVICE Role Description we're looking for professionals eg solicitors, barristers, advice workers etc for this area. We will also consider students studying in specialist areas eg law / social work / counselling etc
EMOTIONAL SUPPORT - Role Description - we need these volunteers to keep in touch with those parents and grandparents who come to us for help to ensure that they remain engaged with us so we can help them.
MARKETING & ADMIN - Role Description -
- Fundraising - such as collections at supermarkets / putting collecting boxes into local convenience stores / organising sponsored walks, runs, swims, football matches etc
- Taking responsibility for paperwork and statistics at meetings
- Uploading information to our secure website
- Putting up posters / delivering flyers to promote our services
- Undertaking research eg service user feedback / surveys to assist us in marketing / grant applications and lobbying
- Writing press releases and getting those into the media
- Interviewing service users to produce case studies to further the aims of the charity
- Fundraising - have you noticed we've put this twice!? That's because we have no volunteers at the moment who have this function as their primary volunteer committment - so this is YOUR chance to make a huge difference to the charity
We have a support forum for volunteers. To use it click here.
This comes under Marketing
Link to all current forms and templates
This comes under all three categories.
You can read our Volunteering Policy here: volunteering policy